Our vision is to be the most trusted and honest repair facility in the area. We are committed to educating our customers and advising them of repairs that are needed, to help maximize their vehicles life. As a family-owned company, we’ve continually invested in our employees, our facilities and the latest technology to ensure quality repairs of today’s modern vehicles. We believe in never sacrificing quality for quantity or rushing through service. Our goal is to make automotive repair a positive and stress-free experience.
At American Garage, we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers by providing them with the most exceptional service they have ever had. By staying on the leading edge of technology and constantly improving, we are committed to building personal relationships with our customers to make them feel like family and trust us with all their auto repair needs. We believe that maintaining your vehicle should be a hassle-free experience and we back that with our industry-leading warranties that help protect your investment. Our customer’s safety is of the utmost priority and through training and education, we are committed to providing quality workmanship with honesty and integrity in every single service that we provide.
Our Core Values
- Have Integrity – Be committed to doing the right thing with every decision you make and action you take. Make an unwavering commitment to doing what is right, every single time. Mistakes happen, own up to them, apologize, learn from it and grow.
- Be Committed – Honor all commitments you have made, everything from appointments and promises to being on time for work and attending meetings. Do what you say you are going to do. If you can’t make a commitment, notify those involved and agree on a new commitment.
- Reputation Matters – Always do what is best for your customer and never stray from this ideal. Always put your customers needs first, do what is right for others in every transaction you have each day.
- Do what is best for the Team – Be willing to support your fellow teammates and help each other grow. There is no room for personal agendas at American Garage. Be a trustworthy team-mate and always do what is best for the team as a whole. Be willing to step-up if needed and help a co-worker to ensure their success as well as your own.
- Make a Great First Impression – Everything from a phone call, email, letter and voicemail can show first impressions. Always show positivity in every transaction and interaction you make. Be warm, friendly and helpful to everyone, always.
- Don’t Listen to React, Listen to Learn – Always give your customers your undvided attention, do not let other distractions ruin your engagement with your customer. Ask questions, be engaged, present and do not inject your own judgement. Listen to understand your customers concerns or needs.
- Be Obsessed with Doing it Right – Do it right the first time, double check your workmanship, make sure your goal is quality, not quantity. Never do good, always do great. Everything you do matters. Our experience speaks for itself, make the goal to get it done right, the first time. The expectation is that we are the best auto repair shop in the area, live up to that expectation.
- Have Passion for your Work – Make the most out of the time you have each day and be passionate about what you do. Be engaged. Approach every job you do with focus, energy, urgency and enthusiasm.
- Set Clear and Concise Expectations – Avoid misunderstandings by communicating clearly with your customers and setting expectations upfront. Talk about action items, due dates, responsibilities and speak with clarity in every interaction you make.
- Speak Honestly – Always say what you mean, be willing to collaborate, ask questions, share ideas, raise concerns and be progressive. Say what needs to be said but do it in a positive manner directly with your teammates or those affected by your concerns. Always show loyalty to our customers and value integrity. Always be upfront and transparent, even if it is your fault, own up to your mistakes.
- Be Respectful – Treat people and their concerns with the utmost respect. Put yourself in your customers shoes and genuinely understand their concerns, challenges and frustrations. Try to see things from their perspective and give every possible solution to meet their needs.
- Respond Quickly and Efficiently – Bring your A-game every day and respond to your customers questions or concerns quickly, whether its via text, email, in-person or on the phone. Keep your customers continuously updated on the status of their car and communicate frequently and clearly.
- Be a Fanatic about Positivity – Your attitude has the power to set the tone for your day, be a fanatic about being positive and enthusiastic. Spread optimism and be contagious with your positive energy. You have the power to keep a positive attitude, use that power.
- Keep an Open Mind to Learning – The most successful people learn something new, every, single, day. Take advantage of every opportunity to gain knowledge, increase your skills in the field and become an expert at your job. Share your findings with those around you, help others grow and be fulfilled with your commitment to learning and helping others.
- Personal Appearance Matters – How you look has a large impact on how you feel. Take pride in your performance, be clean shaven, dress neatly and professionally, everyday. The same holds true for our buildings, if you see something that is not clean or professional, take responsibility in fixing it.
- Treat Others with Respect – Like your mom used to say, if you can’t say nothing nice, don’t say nothing at all. Treat others in a way that respects their values and opinions, regardless of your opinion or belief system. Always use compassion and empathy in every interaction you have.
- Take Responsibility – Take ownership in everything you do and ensure responsibility in getting your tasks completed. Don’t make excuses or use crutches, learn to be resourceful and take initiative to complete the job, no matter how hard the situation may be. Hustle with every job and see it through to completion. Be a fanatic about precision and double check your work after every job. If you don’t know how to do it, ask your peers around you, don’t be a victim, take full responsibility for your own success.
- Think Safety First – Nothing is ever as important as keeping yourself and our customers safe. Think about how important our job is and how we have the responsibility of keeping our customers safe when going down the road. Be a fanatic about safety, clearly communicate unsafe vehicle information to customers all while ensuring your own safety at work.
- Be Willing to Change – Embrace change, nothing is ever the same for long, the faster you learn to adapt, the easier change becomes. Change comes with rewards in the form of growth, opportunity and learning. Don’t shy away from change, embrace it.
- Have Fun – Last but not least, remember to enjoy life and have fun. Life is too short to take it too seriously. Be positive, friendly and show comradere with your teammates. We are an extension of your family, we have fun, we make jokes, we are easy going and we are always willing to help others achieve their goals in work and life.