REASONS TO PERFORM ROUTINE PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE ON YOUR VEHICLE.
Preventive Maintenance is a schedule of planned maintenance actions aimed at the prevention of breakdowns and failures. The primary goal of preventive maintenance is to help prolong the life of the vehicle and reduce vehicle failures therefore providing a worry free driving experience. Automotive technicians say the key to keeping vehicles running well today and down the road, is routine preventive maintenance. Many drivers tend to stall when it comes to keeping up with some everyday automotive basics.
A survey by the Car Care Council found:
- 38 percent of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 54 percent had low tire pressure.
- 28 percent had inadequate cooling protection.
- 19 percent needed new belts.
- 16 percent had dirty air filters.
- 10 percent had low or contaminated brake fluid.